Social and Community Housing

These resources are useful if you live in social housing. This includes Community Housing and Housing NSW.

You may also find helpful resources in the ‘Tenants’ section.

The Tenants' Union of NSW also has a large range of useful fact sheets and other resources. Their webpage (click the link) is a good starting place to find out about your rights.

EATS can assist you with: 

  • Repairs (including mould);  
  • Rent arrears; 
  • Terminations; 
  • Strike notices;
  • Fraud allegations; 
  • Tribunal matters; 
  • Housing Appeal Committee (HAC) matters and more.

We cannot help you complete Housing Pathways Forms. Organisations that provide this service can be found in Useful Links.

EATS only provides limited advice in relation to modifications and social housing transfers.

EATS also cannot assist you have a dispute with your neighbour. If you are having problems with your neighbour, please contact NSW Fair Trading on 13 32 20 or your local Community Justice Centre on

1800 990 777.


EATS Resources

HNSW Tenants' Repairs Diary 

HNSW Tenants' Repairs Diary Example

Example NCAT Application 

Housing Pathways Applications


Other Resources

Tenants' Union of NSW 

Guide to Public Housing Rental Bonds

Tenants' Rights Manual

Transfer of Tenancy Management from Public Housing to Community Housing Providers


Redfern Legal Centre

The Repair Kit 


Eastern Area Tenants Service acknowledges the Gadigal People of the Eora Nation as the Traditional Owners of whose Country we live and work. We pay our respect to their Elders past, present, and emerging.