Resources for Community Workers

This page contains resources that may be useful when assisting clients with a range of renting issues, including information about applying for social housing.

Please note that we do not assist clients to complete forms for housing assistance or transfers, however we are happy to provide advice on these processes.

We normally provide advice directly to the person requiring assistance, however, if a client prefers for a support person to communicate with us on their behalf, we are happy to accommodate this if we have a written authority from the client. Our workers cannot discuss a specific client’s matter without an authority to do so. 

EATS is also primarily a phone advisory service. Face to face appointments may be able to be arranged in some circumstances – please contact us to discuss your client’s needs.

If you would like to contact us in regards to community education, resources or any related issue, please email -

Housing Pathways Tips for Community Workers 


Eastern Area Tenants Service acknowledges the Gadigal People of the Eora Nation as the Traditional Owners of whose Country we live and work. We pay our respect to their Elders past, present, and emerging.